Good morning Nigeria! Welcome to Naijaoption Media.
Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Friday, adjourned the trial of Abdulrasheed Maina until December 8.
Maina is being prosecuted by the EFCC on a three-count charge of false declaration of assets and money laundering to the tune of N58 million.
2. The Court of Appeal in Abuja has affirmed the death sentence passed on Maryam Sanda, for murdering her husband, Bilyaminu Bello.
A three-man panel on Friday, dismissed Sandra’s appeal for lacking in merit.
3. The Court of Appeal sitting in Owerri, Imo State, on Friday, sacked Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC for the Imo North bye-election.
Justice Uchechukwu Onyemenam delivered the judgment less than 24 hours to the bye-election.
4. The Commissioner of Investment and Abuja Liaison in Ebonyi State, Ekumankama Joseph Nkama, has withdrawn his surety for former Senate President, Anyim Pius Anyim.
Nkama, who stood as surety for Anyim in a trial instituted by the Economic and a Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, against the former Senate President, withdrew his surety status due to what he termed “recent events in the last two weeks” involving the ex-Senate President.
5. The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has applied to withdraw its lawsuit filed to stop judicial panels probing allegations of brutality by its officials, particularly operatives of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS.
The NPF filed a notice of discontinuance on Friday by a lawyer to the NPF, Festus Ibude.
6. The Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday, ordered that former Chairman of the defunct Pension Reform Task Force Team, Abulrasheed Maina, be remanded in prison until the end of his trial.
Justice Okon Abang delivered the verdict, following the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) application made by the prosecution counsel, Mohammed Abubakar.
7. Domkat Bali, a former minister of defence, has died at the age of 80.
Bali, who served as Minister of Defence and member of the Supreme Military Council between 1984 and 1985, and the Armed Forces Ruling Council of 1985 to 1990, died on Friday.
8. The Defence Headquarters says the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole has eliminated scores of terrorists in multiple air strikes on Sambisa forest.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, who made this known in a statement on Friday in Abuja, said the air raids were conducted at Bone and Mudu in Yale-Kumshe axis as well as ‘S’ Region in Sambisa Forest on Dec. 1 and Dec. 2.
9. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress, APC, of encouraging terrorism in Nigeria.
PDP’s spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan alleged that the Buhari-led APC is responsible for the killing of innocent Nigerians by terrorists, adding that APC members once sympathised with terrorists in a bid to frustrate the efforts of former President, Goodluck Jonathan.
10. The Nigerian Government on Friday unveiled the price range for travellers on the Lagos-Ibadan rail line route.
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, disclosed that rail passengers are to pay N3, 000 per economy seat, N5, 000 for business class and N6, 000 for first class seats.
Restructure, let Fulanis go their way – Miyetti Allah tells FG
Seven killed, many injured as NURTW leadership crisis turns bloody
Popular Nigerian singer, Naira Marley reacts after school children were arrested by Amotekun for modelling themselves as him
Lady dies after she was pushed from a five-storey building by her boyfriend in Anambra
BBNaija,Mercy Eke Cries Out After She Was Defrauded(video)
EFCC arrests 11 suspected internet fraudsters in Ibadan
I will pay you N100million if you bring evidence that I threatened you – Reno Omokri reacts after Don Davies mother accused him of threatening her (Video)
“Birthday Queen”-Nollywood star, Bisola Aiyeola Shares Stunning New Photos To Mark Her 35th Birthday
“I can’t marry a short man” – BBNaija’s Alex Reveals (video)
“Men Are Getting Smart,Don’t Be A Liability, In 2021” -Tacha Advises Ladies
News2 weeks ago
“I killed him in self defence” – Corps member explains why she hacked man to death in Akwa Ibom
News3 months ago
Watch Sad Video Of How A Lady Was Killed In Asaba Hotel By Faulty Hotel Elevator
News2 weeks ago
Man who caught his wife sleeping with his friend in their home, takes selfie for his in-laws
News3 months ago
Police officer who shot his girlfriend in the mouth has been arrested
News2 months ago
Newspaper vendors protest killing of their colleague by House of Reps speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila’s security aide
News7 months ago
Reason Why I rejected Offer To Do Porn -actress Amara maduka
News3 months ago
I would love to see lesbianism legalized in Nigeria-Diane Russet
Entertainment2 months ago
“Your mama ain’t leaving any time soon” Bobrisky Issues Warning “upcoming wannabe Bobriskys”.